The Upcycling Process
The Spanish Fisherman bring back to shore plastic, which is sorted and pelletised and then upcycled into yarn for weaving into textile.
The upcycled textile is then sent toUpcycled Corporate Clothing in the United Kingdom for manufacture into products. Research informs us that with respect to plastic that can be used for textile manufacture, there should be no need to make any new plastic for the next 40 years, with an exponential benefit to climate change as the result of using our textiles.
Benefits of Upcycled Plastics
2. Textile can be washed at 90 degrees over 100 times before replacing.
3. Textile is waterproof, showerproof and will provide protection from liquid spillage.
4. Textile saves 34% in Water Usage
5. Textile saves 39% in Energy
6. Textile saves 36% in CO2 Emissions through our Production Process.
7. Manufactured in the U.K.
From Waste to Product
Our estimates is that for every kilo of YARN, between 600 grams and 1 kilo of marine litter has been cleaned from our ocean.
It then gets turned into flakes, then pellets and sent to the factory in Spain. The pellets get bound into yarn then made into our clothing.